Thursday, October 06, 2005


So part of the bike trail was washed out, so I chose to use the sidewalk (slowly) adjacent to the path as the parkway that separated it was a one way going the other way.

Another bicyclist chose to go down the wrong way down the parkway. I looked over at her, and she seemed pretty nervous as the vehicles speeding past her came pretty damn close.

Now here I am on the sidewalk. I am not sure if I am legal either, but I for DAMN sure know SHE can get a ticket.

Any comments? Were we both wrong? If so, what should we have done? It was about 1/4 mile of bike trail that was washed out, and then you could get back on it down the road 1/4 mile.

4 comments:

jamwall said...

seems to be a reflection of how they regard bike paths. i mean if they're having vehicles merging full speed with bicycles, they probably have a strongly pro-vehicle and anti-bike viewpoint over there. maybe they're trying to thin the herd a little!

i take it we're talking my home state of minnesota here right?

twolf1920 said...

Welcome Jamwall! Yup, we are talking over by Lake Calhoun right off the parkway.

Thats why I think Bicyclists have just as much of a responsibility as the motorists do to share the road responsibly.

Good comment~

jamwall said...

i could think of a few spots where they might as well put an image of a bicyclalist with a target superimposed (such as near the calhoun beach club) and over by the marine.

twolf1920 said...

I am going to make up an educational card that has facts such as THE LAWS REGARDING BICYCLES AND MOTORISTS on them that will have one tailored for motorists on ONES side, and one tailored for arrogant bicyclists on the other, and when I see lunacy, simply hand them the card...smile and drive off.

Of course this websites addy will be on if they want to comment. Maybe that will stir up some more debate?