Sunday, March 25, 2007


Well that was fun! VERY eventful weekend. I went on an 80 mile tour with my friend DOOGIE. Doug has a Honda VTX 600. Not too bad for a cruiser. I can smoke him BAD if I wanted to, but touring is all about the twisties! No racing here...Just twists and turns by lake vistas...AHHHHHH!
Ya GOTTA LOVE it. Put 2 new tires on the thing, and it rides like a dream. Prior to the tour I went to Bobs Java Hut in Minneapolis and CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS: Some guy pulls in on a newer VFR, climbs off...Looks at my bike and says to himself: "THIS USED TO BE MINE!" YOU guessed it! It was the prior owner (he sold it to the guy I bought it from who only had it for one summer) We spent the next 20 minutes discussing the entire history of the bike. I know EXACTLY what was done, and what needs to be done. The good news: It's been lovingly cared for, and had MANY parts replaced. The BAD news: Not TOO bad, but needs a new clutch.

15 comments:

Ice said...

Niiiiice, I love crotchrockets... but I was too scared to learn to drive one myself... my dad offered to teach me, then take the 'real lessons' from there, but I was like "Nawww!!!"
Not typically a chickenshit, but frankly, that much power between my legs scares me!...(only when it comes to a motorcycle!!!LOL)

Glad you had fun!

SIMON said...

Hi twolf
I was once on the back of a friends XV750 and I've never had so much fun shitting myself!

Ice said...

lol EB~ You're too friggin' funny!

I sat on the back of my dads Harley mostly... but sat on the back of a few rockets in highschool... I just remember holding on for dear life :)

The Harley had a backrest, a nice touring bike. (My dad used to travel to the States mostly on it, the Dakota's, Arizona etc)

tkkerouac said...

Nice Wheels! Spring has finally sprung!

tkkerouac said...

tkkerouac said...
PLEASE COME LEAVE YOUR BLOG NAME AND URL, IF YOU WOULD BE LIKE TO BE LINKED UNDER MOMTHEMINX.

Ice said...

Pssssssssssssssssssssst!!! Thanks for the ride home from EB's place last night! lol...

I held on tight~ how are your innards feelin'? lol

Mr. Shife said...

I believe that falls under It's a Small World After All category. That is pretty cool that you met the guy who owned it before you did. Sounds like you a had a great weekend on your tour.

Lee Ann said...

No more putting your leg down and tearing your hamstring up sweet T!!!
Glad you had fun!
~xo

jamwall said...

i already own a crotch rocket my friend....IN MY PANTS!!!!

Rebecca said...

Don't know when the last time I was on a bike...sounds like you had a great time......

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

I wanna ride on your crotch rocket! I have a helmet! When and where and I will be there.... BUUUUUUUUD!

SIMON said...

Got some cool pics over at mine for you twolf.
Hope you are ok?

JM said...

I've always wanted to ride one of those things. However, I'm deathly afraid of falling or crashing.

Ice said...

You must be riding the crap outta your bike.... :) You've been MIA for quite some time.

Hurry back :)

Ice

Lee Ann said...

where are you??????