Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This is what its been like on blades this winter:

I make it about 30 minutes, then I start to get the attacks. It all depends on the duration and intensity of my workout. I LIKE to GET a workout, and to lose weight, I have to get my heart rate up past a certain point.

The attacks feel like someone is "pinching my fuel line" off. I lose energy, get short of breath, get dizzy, and my legs tire out.

The really WEIRD thing is that once the attack goes away, its like someone throws the switch from "off" to "on"...I mean its THAT instantaneous where i can IMMEDIATELY go back to doing whatever. It usually lasts between 3-5 Minutes.

The problem is by that time, the next attack happens. Then the process starts all over again!

And now once they start, they don't stop.

ALSO contributing factors are:

Weight gain-I gained 20 lbs due to bad workouts from the attacks, but MOSTLY from my poor discipline with eating properly. I eat VERY LITTLE during the day, and a BIG meal at night. bad habit!

High Cholesterol? I am now on a statin drug. I had a bad reaction to Lipitor before, but my Doc says that since my triglycerrides are 650, I best try some more things, or die. I choose the trying of more things!

Caffeine-If it doesn't CAUSE the problem, it ALWAYS makes it worse.

Countdown to Procedure: 3 more shopping days!

17 comments:

tkkerouac said...

What are your attacks
this makes me want to get my physical competed, I've been putting it off

twolf1920 said...

Don't put if off Minxy! I just turned 41, and things have stated to act up!

Spinning Girl said...

lordy lordy!

JM said...

I hope the procedure makes everything better.

twolf1920 said...

Thanks Angel! I am taking pics and documenting EVERYTHING!

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

it's amazing how things change after you turn 40, isn't it? caffeine is my drug of choice, i don't drink as much as i used to, but still...

hope things work out for you--

twolf1920 said...

I hear ya Ms Creek! Good to see you again. Its been a long time!

Lee Ann said...

Get it under control, before it takes you under!

Feel better! :)

jamwall said...

git 'er done! you'll be a new man!

Ice said...

Turn your head, and Cough.

;-)

tkkerouac said...

hey! I'm hairless now.

twolf1920 said...

LeeLee-I am DOING it friday baby!

Jammers-New to me anyway!

Ice-Your hands are so COLD though!!!

Minxy-I want pictures!

Ice said...

I'm no doctor... not me, the DOCTOR!!!

lol

Aliecat said...

Good luck and thanks for the link!

twolf1920 said...

Ice-You set yourself up on that one! Next time don't give a dirty minded guy like me such a sweet opportunity for an innuendo!

Kitty-Kat~Thanks and you are welcome!

Ice said...

Yeah, I tend to walk into that kind of stuff often. D'oh me.

And hey, you BEST not be takin' my pic right now, (<---the side bar pic of you says that)

I haven't showered yet!!!

Ice said...

Ooooh, I even got an EXCLAIMATION mark on my Ice Ice Baby!

Like that one post of mine says, "hang in there, you're fuckin' special!"

haha :-P