Wednesday, June 21, 2006

http://twolf1920.blogspot.com/2006/03/tribute-to-serious-inline-skating.html


There is a reason this link is here. Please go back and read it. I am a FORTUNATE bastard as I have survived an accident that should have killed me.

Heres the lowdown:

Monday eve, I was biking down my usual path. No wind. I was FLYING, and very happy to be doing so. I was 1/4 mile away from my house when I happened upon the park that the path leads me by, and there were people with dogs WITHOUT LEASHES ON running around.

I saw them. I slowed down.

It didn't matter. A large pooch slid unmder my front wheel causing me to skid my backl wheel out. This in turn whipped my head into the blacktop...HARD. My helmet was destroyed-Cracked in 7 places and the band broke off in 3 places.

I was wearing my helmet. It saved my life, or at LEAST from eating food through a straw, and speaking gibberish while slobbering on the nurse that would be feeding me and changing my diapers for the rest of my life.

I have been having short term memory loss, and am having a hard time reacting to things quickly, not to mention a bad headache, and bruises all over, but I AM ALIVE, and basically coherant.

The reason I am wearing a helmet now was the recent and tragic death of Carl Comperoni at the Metrodome. (See the Above Link) I was there that day without a helmet on. I have worn one ever since.

Thanks Carl. Your death DID save one life. I will never forget it!

No comments: