Friday, March 17, 2006

Tribute to a Serious Inline Skating Enthusiast: Carl Comperoni Dies after colliding with another inline skater at the minneapolis metrodome. He was 53.

I didn't know him well, but remember him buzzing by me (much faster than me much to my chagrin...Carl was 13 years my senior) having a great time. I was even there the day it happened. I had (ironically) left my helmet at home, and chose to skate without it. I was chastised by Nick, one of the staff members. He informed me that someone had just been taken away in an ambulance due to a fall. I had no idea who it was, but I chose to finish off the evening w/o a helmet anyway.

It will be the last time.

It wasn't til much later I found out the seperation between me and Carl was less than I could ever expect. Carl was a "Rollerdome Buddy" of a good friend of mine (Jacque).
But what I DIDN'T know til much later was that a REALLY AMAZING Lady that I have been working with in the mortgage business her husband is a cousin of Carls. They were hit VERY hard by this, and all this has affected me as well.

I decided that this man, although I hardly knew him FIRST PERSON was a worthy recipient of a Log Entry here at my Blog which was initially set up as a Bicycling Blog. I hope that the following links will give those of you who are interested a little view into a life that was cut way too short by something that I would have considered trivial. Forgetting a helmet.

Thanks Carl. I will ALWAYS wear a helmet while Biking or blading.

My friend Liz also said that Carl was an Organ Donor, and that was probably responsible for saving many lives.

Well maybe he saved a few more.

Helmets save lives. This Author will never be seen without one again.

I would like to thank Liz, Jacque, and other people that contributed to this log.
Click on the links below to see some sites that talk about Carl.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/307678.html

http://www.legacy.com/TwinCities/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=17080665

http://www.legacy.com/TwinCities/Guestbook.asp?PersonID=17080665

No comments: