Monday, November 28, 2005

This post was inspired by Cupcakes SWMkid Post

The Dating GAME-Hate the players? Maybe you should just hate the game....

Its been my experience that guys simply don't understand what women have to go through on the internet thing. Anyone ever hear of safety?
Its been my experience that the following can be true-
Women like to:


1) See if the guy is compatible by having conversations first. This is also a means of getting a "gut feeling' on a guy to see if he is a pyscho killer, or a liar. I understand it, and its pretty logical if you look at it from the womans point of view.


2) Some women are really not sure if they want to date or not. some are merely "testing the waters". Some internet sites "fool you" into joining their dating sites through the use of "personality tests", and before you know it, you have a profile on it.
I have run across alot of "tire kickers", and its not necessarily a bad thing. Men just need to understand that women are not wired the same as guys are. D-UHHHHHHHH!



3) Women get INNUNDATED with emails and IM's from SEX FIENDS and MARRIED MEN as well as "normal guys", whatever THAT is.
If you were in their shoes, how would you feel as far as trusting? One should walk a mile in the others shoes before bitching-take that last sentence to heart men!



NOW Most of us guys want to:
1) Meet you as soon as possible, see if their are sparks THEN investigate-Its a cut to the chase thing, and let me tell you why:


A little tale
About month ago, I spent 3 months (prior) talking to a lady whom I got to like alot as far as conversation. We finally met, and


POOF-No chemistry whatsoever. Now this gal is really cool, but I have a busy life and haven't really followed up with her on a freindship level. Part of me wishes we would have met sooner, because there is only so much yakking time I have, BUT I HAVE to respect and be understanding of the above reasons why women are CAREFUL. They have reasons both for safety sake, and emotional too.

Some have been hurt bad by asshole men, and are just being careful. Can you blame them? I MARVEL at the stories of abuse and mindgames some of these women have been put through.

The BOTTOM LINE IS:
Guys, if you don't have patience, and you also have a narrow expectation on dating, then cheap internet dating isn't for you. maybe you need to upgrade to a "premium service". I hear the success numbers are higher, but the cost is steep!

I have met about 20 women on the dating thing this summer, and I have made 5 non-love connection friends whom I respect and like very much.

If you aren't willing to be patient, then get a mail order bride from a foreign country, and shut the hell up! (No offense Tovarish!)

No comments: