Monday, September 26, 2005


So today I tried something different. I actually tried to obey EVERY traffic law that I could. That meant no blowing through stoplights when the light was red even though there was no traffic.

You want to hear something really wild? I beat my average time by 5 minutes. And I think I know why. since i was stopping at the lights and stopsigns, I got a little rest. I was able to go all the way through for 2 hours because I got little rest breakes every few miles or so.

That meant I cut out my little halfway rest break due to the fact that I wasn't tired. And this was the day after roofing over the weekend, so my legs and back were WICKED sore before I started.

The moral of the story: I will try to obey every traffic law whilst on a bicycle from now on for the following reasons:

1) Its the right thing to do
2) The time you gain will be lost later anyway
3) I believe that it will irritate motorists less if I am obeying traffic laws as well, and maybe cut down on stupid comments or road rage from other idiots as well.
(See the post below from Thursday, September 22, 2005 for more details!)

No comments: