Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ok, so anyway I was on the road the other day on my road bike. I usually have a route that I take, and it goes along a bike path that runs parallel to Minnehaha Parkway, and I will cut over onto the parkway too if it makes me go faster.

Because I like to speed on my bike. But that's only 17-20 MPH so I can't get a ticket.

Now here's the problem we have as bike people: You can't TECHNICALLY go more that 10 MPH on the bike paths, and if you DO, then the slower people get annoyed when you blow their crew socks off. BUT if on the road you don't go AT LEAST 20 MPH, sometimes the motorists will get irate. Sometimes the motorists will go freaky.

Hence my next story:

I was on the parkway getting ready to switch to the bike path when this woman and man in a beat up old pickup pull up behind me and try to pass.

Now I don't see them at all, but evidently they couldn't pass me because of opposing traffic coming at them on the left. So all of a sudden I hear what seems to me to be hysterical SCREAMING.

I am not exaggerating. I thought a woman was being killed. I looked around for the injured party, but saw no one. Then I heard it again, but it was closer. It was the woman in the pickup going into a coma over the fact that she couldn't pass me when she wanted too. And I mean the language...I was embarrassed for her.

Now usually, someone yelling at me for no reason would illicit an angry f-you from me, but this woman was so OUT OF CONTROL over the thing, I was laughing at her.

NOT a good idea. It REALLY pissed her off. This made me laugh harder. Well, they did pass..And got maybe 50 yards before the traffic up ahead stopped them

Then I remembered...I was the older brother once. Maybe its time for some fun.

I passed the line of cars til I got up to the cab of the pickup, leaned over and said: "Maybe if you learned to drive that heap, you could have passed and traveled this 50 feet faster"

Oh man, I hit the bullseye this time...I was SURE there would be a stroke victim here for sure. I laughed and sped off yakking to another cyclist about the crazy bitch. I went another 2 miles, and yes as we were talking, me and the other cyclist, guess who pulls up BEHIND us...Yes BEHIND us...So me being in her way made NO effect...No surprise here right?

I looked over and mumbled to the other cyclist:"yup..There she is"

She went BALLISTIC yet again.. This time I said: "You should lay off the meth or crack before you have a coronary!" and sped off laughing my butt off.

Now was this sh*t funny? Oh yes indeedy! People like that are GREAT humour. Was it a good idea to goad them?

NO. BAD idea. I KNOW they were both on dope. I know the signs. Pupils were as big saucers, and both sweaty. Do the math!

What is they had guns? Could have been bad. REAL bad.

I have a BIG mouth, and need to learn to control it sometimes.

But then it wouldn't make for a good blog entry then would it?

No comments: